Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend update

This weekend went pretty much as planned. Spent Saturday morning at the Dexter Crit as a course marshall before heading over to the Poto with some of the team members. I did one lap with the team while riding the Scalpel and then rode another lap by myself using the Rush. It had been a few years since I had ridden this trail and on the second lap at least I knew some of the lines to take. The Rush really made the downhills a lot more fun. My legs were pretty well spent by the time I finished, I pushed a little harder the second lap.

Today I went out for a 4.5 hour ride on the back roads and ended up at Bloomer to check in on the XC race. It was hard tell how many were there for the race since the parking lot was pretty full due to picnics and a dog show going on. In downtown Rochester I caught the end of the local Soap Box Derby that used one of the side streets near the Paint Creek Trail. It was cold enough this morning that I started out with a jacket and knee warmers but it warmed up enough during the ride that I could take them off. My legs still felt slow but this week's riding schedule is pretty light so hopefully the legs will rebound in time for the Lumberjack this Saturday.

The weather forecast is still calling for a chance of rain at the race but if it's not too bad it may help keep the sand packed. I imagine the humidity and mosquitos may be worse. All the more reason to keep moving during the race.

No comments: