Monday, October 30, 2006

Daylight savings time

The past three days we have had some downright cold and windy days for training. About enough time to get acclimated and ready for the winter, like it or not. And then today it is almost 40 degrees warmer and sunny. As if we had one last reprieve before Mother Nature socks it to us. It was nice to ride without getting bundled up.

The ending of daylight savings time makes it difficult to get in much riding in the daylight. Today when I got home from work I had to decide if I was going to ride or rake leaves. I rode. I did get back in time to do some raking. I figured that it won't be nice out for much longer and the leaves will still be there tomorrow. Actually I hope they aren't. Maybe we will get some more strong winds and they will all blow away.

Raking leaves isn't really what I do now since I bought a big leaf blower last year. Blowing the leaves is much easier except for days like today when the wind was taking the leaves in the wrong direction.

In addition to the early darkness the time change has really confused our dog. You can set a clock by her stomach. She has been known to wake people up when it's close to feeding time in the morning. Same thing in the evening and for her treat, she starts getting ready for them, knowing the time is close. Now she is confused as to why she has to wait an hour before she can eat. Her stomach is still on Daylight Savings time. It probably won't take her long to adjust though.

No comments: