Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter




Happy Easter to everyone. Sandy cooked another fabulous meal of roast lamb with the works and of course the Easter bunny made a visit. I have to have someone hide the basket so I don't eat all the goodies. We had a video call with Jason and family. both of the grand kids looked impressive in their Easter outfits. Isabel looks like one of those antique bisque dolls. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her in her Easter outfit, hopefully Jason took a bunch and will share them.

This weekend we have been blessed with sunshine but cool temperatures and light winds. The trails have been starting to dry out with most trails now able to be ridden or they will be ready soon.

I got the team geared and SS bikes built up (pictures coming) and got each out on a few rides. I tried a new, lighter saddle that received a lot of rave reviews but it was not for me. I'm going back to my heavier but more comfortable WTB saddles. When you spend 10 to 12 hours or more on a bike the last thing you want to do is have an uncomfortable saddle just to save a few grams.

Friday and Saturday I joined Greg in softball practice and managed to screw up my right hand when I hit the ground going after a ball. When I went down to catch it I stumbled on the lovely outfield we were on and my hand hit the turf hard, while holding onto the ball. The impact caused my hand to swell and turn purple and it also is making it difficult to hold onto the handlebars while riding. I seem to have a habit of injuring myself while playing sports with my sons.

Next weekend I will be traveling to Canada for the point to point Paris to Ancaster race. I did the race a few years ago and had fun. It's one of Canada's bigger one day races with over 1000 racers split among the 60k and 35k course. Both courses finish on the same section that includes a monster climb right before the finish line. Last time I finished 4th in my group but with advancing age I hope to get into the top 10 this year.

My hand after softball practice.

No comments: