Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mother Nature has a funny sense of humor

All day today the sun was shining, the air was warm, people eating outside at lunch, etc. I figured I would sneak out of work about 15 minutes early to get a head start on my planned ride. I pull out of the parking garage and see dark skies in the direction I'm heading. Maybe it will pass by.

Five minutes later as I'm on the freeway I see the brake lights and what looks like a wall of water as we drive into a down pour. Another mile up the road and it's completely dry, no rain had fallen. I run into a light rain again but nothing at my house.

I got out of the car and looked at the ominous clouds heading my way and still think that maybe I can get the ride in. And then I hear the thunder. And see the lightning.

So off to the basement and on the trainer. Real funny Mother Nature, get our hopes up all day and wait until we leave before you start to rain.

No comments: