Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

There is something wrong when there is more snow at Easter than there is at Christmas. The weather has put a damper on my training. I find it hard to get motivated to ride when the wind chill is 12 degrees.

I rode outside Friday and Saturday but not today. Some of us were planning on riding on the west side of the state on Monday but we cancelled the trip. We could have ridden but it wouldn't have been much fun in 39 degree temps with snow.

The lack of riding time on my recently built 29'er is causing me some concern with the Cohutta 100 only two weeks away. it seems to feel about right but I had hoped to put some longer rides in to make sure I have the bike set up the way I like it. Plus I want to get the spokes and rims some mileage on them in case they need some tweaking. I've heard that a lighter version of the rims I am using require some readjusting after some time on them. Maybe these won't but I want to make sure.

The other thing that is bothering me a little is a deep pull or something in the left quad. I may have strained something a few weeks ago when doing two back to back heavy strength days. So I am trying to take it easy and add extra massage and muscle stimulation along with Hammer Nutrition Tissue Rejuvenator. Hopefully the legs respond in time for the race.

Here are some pictures of the recently built Cannondale Caffeine F29.

No comments: