Sunday, August 20, 2006

Birthday wishes and wedding congratulations!


First, Happy Birthday to my lovely wife Sandy who turned 50 on Saturday. She beat me to that age as I turn 50 later this year. I just love older women. We will have been married for 28 years this year so we have been together for over half of our lives. It seems like a long time when you say it but the time has flown by. I think our love continues to grow stronger as time goes on.

Speaking of love, a team member got married Saturday morning at Addison Oaks. We joked about showing up in our team uniforms and riding our bikes into the ceremony but we thought better of it. Unfortunately it rained all morning and the outdoor ceremony had to be held inside. Addison Oaks has a beautiful old building where they hold these and the grounds around the building are tailor made for weddings. It was still a nice ceremony, complete with a string quartet to provide the music. We didn't stay for the reception as we had other plans for my wife's birthday. I think she was trying to leave before we got all the guests to sing Happy Birthday to her. Congratulations to Bernie and Niki Wendel, I hope you are as happy in your new life together as my wife and I are in ours.



This afternoon my wife and I took a walk through some of the area trails and discovered several patches of blackberries. We came back after dinner to pick some and ended up with close to two gallons in less than two hours time. There are plenty more ready to pick and yet to ripen. We plan on going back several more times over the next week or two.



This past week on the bike has more or less been getting ready for the Maybury XC race next week. I've been trying to do more intensity since the last time I did a short XC race was back in May! I don't know if I'm ready to suffer like that. I think the 24 hours of Drummond Island the following weekend will seem easier.

1 comment:

Danielle Musto said...

I learned my lesson at Ore to Shore. Shorter races suck!