Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It seemed like a good idea at the time

I went against my better judgement and went out ridng when I got home from work, in spite of the weather forecast. The weather radar didn't show any rain but they were calling for thunderstorms.

Part way though my set of intervals I looked back in the direction of my house and saw that it was getting really black. It didn't take long for the raindrops to start to fall and it quickly became a downpour, the kind that hurts because it is raining so hard. And lightning was dancing around me to top it off. The back roads that I was on had muddy running water down them, and also on me. I had trouble seeing as the spray coming off my tires was covering my glasses.

Just as I got home the rain stopped and the sun was peeking from behind the clouds. I used the garden hose to rinse off both the bike and myself. The mud washed right off and I was planning on replacing the chain after this ride anyway so it wasn't too bad. I think this was the first time this year I was really caught in the rain on a training ride. And I think it's the muddiest my Rush has been since I built it this spring.

No comments: