Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend riding and golf?


With the weekend comes one of the few chances I have to ride anymore. In spite of the rain Saturday morning I managed to ride in it for about an hour and a half but stayed on the pavement.

Today was the four trail ride that some of us were planning on meeting up for. It takes in four of the local trails and the roads in between. Out regular riding group does rides similar to this all the time but this was an organized ride that was backed by the MMBA. I met Mark and Todd at 7:30 in the morning to ride to the start. There was a frost on the ground as the sun was starting to come up.

We ended up with a group of about six riders to be the first ones out of the start area and riding most of the route. once we got moving I was OK but freezing while waiting around. I have heard that they may have had as many as 100 riders out today.

Later in the day I met Mark, Todd, Chris, Jay, and his brother to play some golf in a scramble format. Out team didn't win but we had a good time. Afterward some of the guys came over to watch the 24 Solo movie and enjoy a few "refreshments".

No comments: