Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


Over 12" of new snow, salmon on the grill, and Lloyd Carr wins his final game at U of M. A great way to start off the new year. Now if only I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.


Today's snowfall was one of the biggest I can remember since moving to Michigan. The deep and heavy snow took a long time to clear with the blower. In the bigger areas the snow didn't completely clear the drive and piled up where the blower would start to bog down and I would have to take it in small chunks. At least it beat shoveling.


After doing my scheduled ride on the trainer and clearing the drive I went over to Bald Mountain to try out my new snowshoes for the first time. I was able to navigate the woods and trail with no problems. I saw a few others out on 'shoes and a couple on xc skis. I may go back later in the week and do some skiing with Sandy.



We ended up at REI yesterday where she got a completely new xc package. Hopefully the boots and skis will work better than the first pair. The sales person seemed to do a pretty good job to insure that Sandy had the right equipment.



For dinner I cooked salmon out on the grill and sauteed some shrimp as well. I then settled back to watch Michigan win its bowl game. We also kept track of the outdoor hockey game taking place up in Buffalo. That looked like it would have been fun to go to and the players seemed to have a good time as well. It's not often that you get 62,000 fans at a hockey game.



Back to work tomorrow after having been off for a week and a half. I don't really want to go in but the bills have to get paid somehow. At least it will take me away from the temptations of the holiday food. We didn't have that much here by design but I still managed to put on 3 pounds during the holiday break. Time to start working harder.

No comments: