Friday, January 01, 2010

1st Post

For 2010.

Happy New Year!

We managed to stay up to ring in the new year but we were in bed 15 minutes later. Real party animals here. But I was able to get up reasonably early this morning and get out to ride for a while.

We received about an inch of fluffy snow overnight and it was still snowing slightly as I was riding. The trails were still able to be ridden without too much trouble and the ice was buried below enough snow that studded tires didn't make much difference.

It was a little colder out on the roads as the temps were in the low 20's but the wind was blowing enough to cut through you. I think this made the tenth year in a row that I have ridden outside on January 1st.

Today was a good day for other members of the family as Ohio State won the Rose Bowl. We had a party at our house with some friends to watch the game. In spite of being a Michigan fan I was rooting for the Buckeyes to win. I want to see the Big Ten do well in the post season. Plus a win for the Buckeyes may make the rest of 2010 a little better on the home front, at least until next November.

Jason arrives tomorrow and will be here until his flight home on Monday. Emily and the kids arrive at the end of the month for a few days before they also fly back west. It will be good to see the family again, even for a short while.

I'm still trying to figure out my racing plans for this year. I have a few races I would like to do but not sure if I will compete in one of the local series or just pick and choose those of most interest to me. Some of the decision will depend on which race team I am on this year. Whichever team, it will be on a Cannondale branded bike.

No comments: