Thursday, May 11, 2006

RUSHing to get it done

The Rush frame arrived last night, courtesy of my team member Joel who picked it up at Dexter Bike and dropped it by my house about 9:00. After taking some pictures (to be posted later) I worked on it for about an hour and a half and got most of it done but need to mount the brakes, shifters, and cables. I installed Joel's new Lefty fork that I am borrowing while waiting for my Lefty with the Fox Terralogic internals to arrive. It is backordered due to it's popularity.

Of course it started raining last night after being sunny for a week and it is forecasted to continue raining for the next several days, including through the 12 hour race this Saturday where I had hoped to debut the Rush. I plan on having several other bikes ready for the race that include a 1x8 and even a SS if the mud is really bad. The Rush may be sitting on the sidelines for this one. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough for me to even get it outside to check the fit.

Speaking of fit I had ordered a size smaller that the Scalpel I'm currently riding, Cannondale seems to use long top tubes and short seat tubes, just the opposite of how I fit. My hardtail is a size smaller and is a lot quicker in the tight stuff so I thought I would try it in a full suspension as well. If it doesn't work out I guess I'll go back up a size and sell this frame. Stay tuned for a ride report and pictures.

No comments: