Friday, April 07, 2006

Anticipation

I've been waitng on a bunch of parts for my Rush build. I came home today to find a notice on the door that Fedex had been here but needed my signature before they could deliver. No problem, I drive over to the Fedex station and find out that they only handle express packages, mine had been sent ground. And the ground station has no counter so I have to wait until Monday. Oh well, the frame and fork were just ordered on Monday so I couldn't have done much with them anyway but stare at them.

In the package is my SRAM XO kit including shifters, derailleurs, chain, and cassette. Also some tires, Thomson post and a few other odds and ends. My Mavic Crossmax arrived on Monday and I had already gotten my Magura Marta brakes and Shimano XT crank and BB late last year in anticipation of a new bike. I am using the older style XT with the Octalink BB; they are cheap, I've never had a problem with them, and I've got them on two other bikes. It is nice at an endurance race to have another bike with the same parts for cannibalizing if necessary.

Still to come are some Fizik saddles, Syncros carbon bar and an XTR front derailleur. Hopefully it will all be here when the frame and fork arrive.

No comments: