Monday, July 31, 2006

Triple digits

Coming home from work today the overhead console said the temperature outside was 100 degrees. I don't think I've ever seen that on the car thermometer before. Shortly after it read 101. I don't think the thermometer is extremely accurate but it sure is hot. Driving down the tree covered roads the temperature dropped all the way to a cool 89 degrees.

I went out for a short ride and it didn't seem too bad. My bumps and bruises were causing more pain than any leg fatigue. I am sort of used to the heat now, having trained and raced in it for the better part of a month or so. Not that I don't suffer some from it but the Hammer products and nutrition advice have really made a difference. Being out in the sun still causes me problems even with sunscreen, part of my Swedish heritage I guess.

No comments: