Saturday, February 25, 2006

Adaptation

No, not the movie. I mean what you have to do to your training schedule when you live in Michigan. The forecast had called for below freezing temps this morning but windy. I planned on getting up early to get out at first light for a long ride but I could hear the wind howling when I woke up, the weather station was reporting gusts over 45 mph. Plus I was surprised to find that it was above freezing, meaning the dirt roads and trails would be muddy.

I ended up on the trainer for 3.5 hours instead, riding at a steady pace while also doing some simulated hill intervals. My legs felt pretty good, I ran the Compex recovery program twice yesterday which seemed to help get rid of some of the soreness. They are calling for temps in the teens tonight so maybe I can get out on the roads tomorrow before it warms up.

4 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

I hope you bring the compex to the 12 Hours of Addison. I would love to try the recovery program after an endurance race to see how my legs feel the next day.

Steve Kinley said...

I will do that. Hmm, maybe I can share race support for that race? I will probably be by myself.

Danielle Musto said...

Definately. As long as you share your expresso hammer gel :-)
I've never ridden on that course, it will be a nice change.

alexdolpp said...

Funny, my morning started out like yours. Get up early just to decide it's too windy for an early outside ride...