Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Spinner or masher?

Today's intervals were of the high cadence variety. I had to do several of them of moderate length and keep the cadence above 120 rpm's. These bothered me more than doing the hill climb or strength intervals. I guess I'm one of those who prefers bigger gears.

Tonight six of us went to a township meeting to discuss recreational opportunities in preparation for a survey they will be putting out to find out how the taxpayers feel about the parks and recreation in the township. We split into groups to discuss various topics and raise our issues. Our group of six bikers were evenly split into the two groups but somehow both groups came up with the same ideas that there needed to be more bike paths and trails and better maintenance of those that exist. I would say we kind of stacked the deck but most of the others in attendance voted on these issues as top priorities also. Hopefull we will see some action based on our participation.


Looking from the trail on Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana. Whitefish is where my son lives and also the home of Hammer Nutrition.

No comments: